Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 2 Sunday Dinner

Hello All!  Sunday evening is often the worst night of the week for me because dreaded Monday looms ahead.  You can always make Sundays a little better by making a delicious comforting Sunday dinner.  A crock-pot meal is always nice on 24 degree days as well!  Before I share the recipe, I want brag about myself for just a sec.  

Going to the gym is hard enough, especially when you are out of shape.  BUT going to the gym when it's 19 degrees outside???  Ummm, almost impossible!  BUT, I got my butt out of the house this morning and went to a 45 minute spinning class.  I was SHOCKED when I got home and logged my workout in weight watchers.com and found out that a 45 minute workout earned me 9 extra points to use this week!  9 POINTS!  If I can drag myself 4 days this week I could easily rack up 25-30 extra points! 


Looks like Happy Hour may be a possibility after all :)


For all you dieters out there (or even non-dieters) who can seem to work out regularly, I have some advice that seems to be working for me.  Set a goal of how many days you want to work out.  My goal is 4 days a week.  I wrote each of these days on the calendar in my kitchen.  If I don't go on one of my pre-planned days, my room mate has permission to make me feel really really Guilty!  IT WORKS!  It seems weird, but it's kind of embarrassing when you tell someone you are going to the gym then don't.  Plus it helps when that person is allowed to tell you that you look like crap!  So to all you couch potatoes out there, write down the days you want to go to the gym and tell your husband, room mate, boyfriend, wife, girlfriend, son, or daughter to hold you accountable!


Onto my DELICIOUS recipe makeover!  I have revitalized this recipe from full fatness to skinny masterpiece :)  I don't really have a name for this recipe so I have named this Creamy Crock-Pot Chicken

First the before:  4 Servings @ 13 points each

1/2 stick butter
1 packet Italian Dressing Seasoning
1 pound Chicken Breasts
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 oz block Cream Cheese

And the AFTER:  8 points per serving

1 packet Italian Dressing Seasoning
1 pound chicken breast
1 can 98% reduced fat cream of chicken soup
1 8oz block Light 1/3 fat cream cheese
hot sauce to taste
2 cups frozen broccoli


First, I omitted the butter.  You don't need it.  Second, I subbed in light soup and cream cheese.  I also added a few splashes of hot sauce to give it a bit of a kick. Lastly, to up the fullness factor, but for zero points, I added the broccoli.  Volia!!  I served over a cup of cooked egg noodles, which adds 5 points and brings the meal total to 13 points..... Not bad for a creamy pasta dish AND a Sunday Dinner!


And now for the directions:  Place chicken, italian seasoning, and soup in crock pot on low heat.  Cook for 3 hours.  Shred chicken with a fork.  Add Cream Cheese to crock pot and stir.  Cook about 2 1/2 more hours on low.  Add broccoli and hot sauce.  Cook for additional 30 minutes, or until veg is heated through.  Serve over noodles and ENJOY :)


I'm off to have a delicious desert of sugar free jello and plan my meals for tomorrow.  Happy Dieting!





1 comment: