Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 6 Snow Disaster Diet

Yesterday I discovered a new way to diet.  Skip dinner because you are stuck in Armageddon style traffic!  I live in Arlington, VA and I work in Tyson's Corner, VA.  The total length from door to door is something like 8.6 miles.  Even on a normal evening commute it can take upwards of 45 minutes to make it home, but yesterday it was a unprecedented 6 hours.  I left work at 5 and got home at 10:45. 

I realized once I got home that even though I may have lost a few years off of my life due to a series of tiny heart attacks that happened while I was dodging stranded cars, spinning my tires, trying to avoid getting stuck, and moving an average of 20 feet in 4 hours, that not once on my trip home did I realize that I skipped dinner.  (there isn't a McDonalds on the Dulles Toll Road Connector and 66).  Talk about a diet!!  Who needs to weight watchers to lose weight when you can be so stressed that you don't get hungry!!

The crazy part is I am normally someone who gets stressed and eats eats eats.  So the fact that I didn't get hungry is kind of amazing.  Now if I had a bag of chips in car, who knows what could have happened!  Anyone who has read enough about dieting knows that it is NOT wise to skip meals while on a diet.  Skipping meals slows your metabolism and can actually cause you to gain weight.  BUT I am trying to look at the one bright spot in my horrific experience in hoping that maybe it might reflect a few less ounces on the scale tomorrow  :)

1 comment: